Paypal

Saturday, April 17, 2010

What Is A Tragedy?

Do you ever feel like the words you say are about to be judged in a spectacular way? Oh well, here it goes:

This week has been one of the more difficult ones of my life. Don't get me wrong, I am no stranger to hard times, it just seems that I never quite remember how bad they feel until I am right in the middle of them again.

In the past week or so I have seen two people near and dear to me die young (both under 30) and senselessly. If that wasn't hard enough I have had a series of several quick moving family issues pop up one right after the other, all of which have put some sort of un-spoken stress on me.

All this, not to mention work. At Walmart when we have a problem, instead of saying so, we will say we have an "opportunity". The first time I heard this phrase I thought it was a great way to look at things from the positive side. Today everything Wally World says, does and stands for disgusts me. I am just feeling a little burnt out. Like I said, its been a rough week.

You might say that I have even experience several tragedies this week. I know thats how I feel about some of the things that happen, and I know without a doubt that there are people I work with who would agree, for they have been through one of the situations with me. We lost a friend and coworker to a terrible disease. It was a huge secret that she was sick, and therefore a huge shock to everyone that knew her. I would call that a tragedy, and I suppose that most of the world probably would as well.

However, I want to point out a tragedy of a different kind in this blog. There is a tragedy going on within the souls of people, and especially within the walls of the church. I have personally experienced this in the past few days, as I have seen someone who was hurting and searching for answers completely thrown out of the life of one of her best friends based on one questionable decision. This friend of hers was a Christian. The decision this girl made was nothing illegal. It may have been immoral and I do not speak out for immorality, however I do speak on the side of love. The girl who was pushed aside by her Christian friend was also pushed out of churches her whole life.

This is just one singular circumstance, but I know its not an uncommon happening. It seems so easy sometimes to push people away because they do something that throws you for a loop, but in the end, (to me) if you are striving to be Christlike, eventually you would have to forgive thee person and rebuild at least a decent speaking relationship with them.

If you think you just believe differently, here is what the Bible says about it:

[21]Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? [22]Jesus says unto him, I say not unto you, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21-22

Do you believe the Bible?

I know that by judging the actions of Christians I am, to and extent, doing exactly what I am condemning, but I cannot keep silent about what is right. This is how I feel.



This blog is dedicated to all the too many loved ones I have seen go on in my lifetime. I hope that you were pulled in and loved by the people who represent Jesus.

Wilson Eugene Shelley
Lillian Shelley
Joey Ennis
Beverly Shook
Maryann Garza
Wil Ramsey
Alice Stoebner
Claude
Brandon Evans
Otto Stoebner
Courtney
Natalie Cervantez

No comments:

Post a Comment