Paypal

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22, 2010

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot.

It is so easy to get caught up in life. Today's working person leads a busy and stressful life most every day. We get up early to get ready and then drive/commute for untold amounts of time. Then we go into a workplace and serve our hearts out and never quite feel like it is good enough. So we go home, relax if possible, cook diner and prepare for bed so we can do it all again. Most errands will be put off for the weekend, thereby nullifying every day of possible relaxation and self examination, filling our every moment with tasks to be checked off.

This happens to every one of us. And this is how life passes us completely by.

As I sit here, in a hotel room thinking about the things that have happened in the past few weeks, I am grateful. I am grateful for great kids in an outstanding youth group who are so sold out for God that they would work odd jobs for months just to take their $200 pay and spend it on going to a youth conference with me. I wish I could be so flexible in my own life. Why can't I just give it up and put everything into my passions, my dreams, my calling? I think this is something we all struggle with. I know I have thought that I will only start to truly pursue my dream and vision when the rest of my life falls into place.

That is not going to happen.

My life will never feel in place until I am actually doing what I was made to do. So, in trying to separate my life into two different sections, I have put myself on a never ending circular road and I am driving at 100 MPH.

Its time to make some changes. Its time to give up what I cannot keep to gain what I cannot lose. Its time to go to the Jordan. No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment