Paypal

Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8, 2011

In the end, dear friend, it is always between us and God, not between us and them. ~Mother Teresa

Sometimes God puts people in your life just to prove a point. For me, He has brought an exceptional friend along my side in the past few month. She is someone who inspires me in so many ways. I can't even begin to convey how thankful I am to God for placing her in my life at this strategic time. I didn't realize it before I moved onto the mission field, but even though I was already saved and serving the Lord, He was pursuing my heart in a HUGE way... and He was out to prove a point to me.

Over my life I have had endless opportunity in every area, good and not so good. In times of decision, I can honestly say that I haven't always taken the righteous path. Sometimes I have even looked God in the face and said "No" to what He was directly telling me. It was in these times that I opened a door of sin in my life, and through this open door came much hurt and darkness that hid itself deep inside my heart over many many years. Not everything that has happened to me has been by fault of my own decisions, but for the things that were direct results of my poor choices, I held onto the pain and regret. Sometimes, I didn't even know I regretted the things I had done, thus allowing an icy wall to slowly build up around parts of my life, my heart and my spirit.

Upon taking a step of faith and making the permanent move to Albania, I began to see God work an array of miracles in my life and I saw Him put very specific things in order. One of those things was a place for me to live. Once I had made the final decision to stay in Albania, God opened the door for me to move in with a missionary friend who had been living in Albania for a little over 2 years already. Thankfully this allowed my financial situation to be much less stressful, as my cost of living would be only half of what I was expecting it to be. Little did I know what God was really up to. I knew that He had His hand all over the situation, because of the way He brought me and this roommate together. You see, she is a gal from South Africa who I met on a random trip to the ice cream shop on one of my short term trips in 2007 or 2008 (I really can't remember which year). God did a seemingly random thing when we met that night and hit it off immediately as the best of friends. Over the years, even from miles away, we kept in contact via internet. This is what opened the door for me to move in with her and split expenses as we both tackled the calling God had on our lives.

That being said, I knew God did something extraordinary in creating a special friendship between two people who had a heart for the same tiny nation, but I didn't realize that He wasn't done yet. In the first few months of rearranging your entire life, moving countries, changing cultures and trying to build a new life in a different place, your emotions can become a bit unsettled. Its not that I broke down or anything, but I began to see God using my vulnerability to reveal those icy places in my heart. As those things began to rear their heads, this wonderful friend God had already placed in my life allowed herself to be used endlessly to show me Gods unending love for ME. You see, I had always known of God's love, and of course I "knew" He loved me... but I was missing something. The funny thing is that I never knew I was lacking in this way, but God moved and showed me things that I am eternally grateful for.

In the end, I have seen a bit of a roller coaster in many ways since taking this move into ministry. However, I can honestly say that I know God has a plan for me here, and that I am following His ways step by step on a new journey, with a new realization for His love for me in my heart. Without this true knowledge of how He loves me, how could I have ever reached out to others? I am so glad that even when we think we have arrived, God has a new fire to put us through, and that He uses that to refine us to values we never thought we could reach. I am worth more than I know, and so are you.

In the end I am so thankful for the way that this special friend helped me through those hard times. Today is a special day for me, in celebrating a spiritual victory and freedom. I "raise my glass" to her for all the tears, hugs and love we have seen each other through. I know it is hard to do what we do, and I am so inspired by the way I have seen her live her life for God.

I want to set an example for the young people out there who think the world is too hard of a place to live in AND to truly live like a Christian. The truth is, this is a girl who is over 30 and is 100% pure in many ways, not just the one that you are thinking of. She has integrity in every area in life and I think you should listen closely and use this story to set "the bar" in your life.

This is a girl who seeks God on every decision, even things that may seem small. She sets boundaries in her life and abides tightly by them. It is easy to fall into sin, and to open the door to darkness in your life, but it is also easy to stay pure and to live as a Christian example in your family, school and even church. Imagine being a Christian who is so dedicated to purity that God begins to use you as an example to other people who are already living the Christian life.

It is as simple as saying yes to some things and no to others. It is as simple as living in God's Word AND taking His Word for exactly what it says. Live it out on a day to day basis. You can do it. Be encouraged. There ARE Christians out there who are living like it. Begin to pursue God on how to be one of them.

I want to take a minute and thank my bestie. I don't need to mention names, because she knows exactly who she is AND she knows why I am thanking her today. If it wasn't for the way God used her in my life over the past 8-9 months, I don't know if I would have been able to fulfill His calling in the equipped way I can today. I thank God for people like her who lay down their entire life and being for the sake of God and I thank her for taking time to care about my tiny and seemingly unimportant issues. It has made all the difference in my life.

Live you life in a way that you can show God to others and set in motions changes in their lives that will impact generations to come. This isn't about who has bread to eat and who doesn't. This is about eternity. We can feed people and build them houses, but in the end if they go to hell without knowing God, what have we really done?

Be inspired today to live life in a way where your decisions are based solely on what will matter in eternity. Anything else is frivolous and has a definite expiration date.

Thanks for reading,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment