Paypal

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Life On The Farm

So far my day has gone something like this:

630a: Alarm goes off. I snooze

7a: Alarm goes off. I really have to get up this time. Bummer.

Wonder into the bathroom, pet the cat on the way in cause she sleeps on top of the washing machine these days for some unknown reason.

Get slightly uncomfortable kitty snuggles while I am trying to pee.

Carry laptop to the kitchen table. Sit down check emails, bank accounts, news etc.

Begin to prepare breakfast for me and Jack (the Doberman). We are both having eggs. Only thing is his are supplemented with a cup of dog food, mine are supplemented with a cup of coffee, milk, no sugar.

Mix Jacks eggs, get them cooking. Start mixing my own eggs. Once mixed, put electric kettle on to boil water for instant coffee. My filtered coffee machine is currently in need of repair and I can't justify making 3-4 cups minimum when I know I will only drink 1.

All that done, still waiting on Jack's eggs to finish. Walk into bathroom, poor kitty a little milk. Yes I spoil her sometimes.

Chase Dallas (small inside dog) out of bathroom cause she is terrifying kitty and trying to steal her milk. 

Give Dallas some milk too.

Jack's eggs are done. Put them in his bowl to cool. Add 1 cup dog food and mix.

Put my eggs on to cook. 

Pour cup of coffee with milk.

PUT MILK BACK IN FRIDGE. This is how I say this to myself because last week I forgot to do so and ruined a perfectly good bottle of milk. Sad. 

Dish up my eggs.

Give Jack his meal. 

Sit down to eat mine... finally.

Dallas wants out. 

I can't let Dallas out until Jack is done eating because they will fight. So I play referee at the door, while Jack scarfs up food and Dallas sits there shaking and miserable looking cause she needs to go do her business. Thankfully she waits.

I take Jack's empty bowl. He is cute cause he has egg all over his nose. 

Make Jack move cause Dallas gets edgy if he is in the way when she tries to go outside. If I don't make room for her she will growl and snap at him. He is big and so I try to keep her happy cause I don't know how badly he would hurt her if he responded in anger one day.

Go to get iPhone to take picture of Jack's eggy nose. Get to door, his nose is no longer eggy. Sad again.

Sit down...again... to eat my breakfast.

Dallas starts barking up a storm outside. It is still early and I do not want to disturb the neighbors. I do not need the wrath of seven old Albanian women to come down on me at any point in my life.

So I stand up and go command Dallas back inside.

She comes, thankfully. I close the door.

Again, I sit down to eat my breakfast.

Then I write this blog.

So now, I think I will go so I can finally finish this so called breakfast.

Hope you all have a great day.

I know we will on this little farm.

Thanks for reading.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment