Paypal

Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19, 2010

Today after leaving the Fort Worth zoo with my nephew, Sebastian, he asked me to turn on the TV. I told him I had no TV in my car. He kindly asked me to just pretend. So, I pretended to turn on the TV. He was apparently channeling his inner news caster, because this is what followed. Sebastian: "Hello everyone. This is the news. We have some terrible news today. The zoo has just closed. The sharks... are fired. The turtles are fired. The monkeys are fired, the lions are fired, the bears are fired, the birds are fired, the kangaroos are fired. Everyone is fired." Me: "Oh no! Everyone got fired..." Sebastian: "Yeah." Me: "Did the TV just answer me?". Sebastian: "No I was answering... uhhhh... my boss."

I had a great day today. I got off work at noon and thus started my weekend a tad bit early. What could be better than that? Making good use of the extra time, I decided to take my nephew to the zoo. I didn't realize it until I got there, but today was the last day of spring break. The zoo was PACKED! I wondered what the traffic was about on I30. I realized as I slowly followed it for 30 minutes or so, that it was ALL going to the zoo. This wouldn't have been so bad had we not gone 2 hours before the zoo closes. I mean, who does that??? I thought only Sebastian I and would be crazy enough to pay full admission for two hours, but I was proven VERY wrong. We couldn't even park close to the zoo, which is fine with me because I don't mind walking, but my 6 year old nephew was not too pleased about it.

Oh well, all in all it was a good time, even if I can't decide which was more interesting: the animals, or the throng of people ACTING like animals. 26,000 people crammed into the zoo is interesting... to say it politely.

I just love spending time with my nieces and nephews. Hanging out with Sebastian made my day today. I love the way he thinks about things. Like today, when I asked him what he wanted to do, he said, "Let's go to San Antonio!". Great. I thought I could take him to do anything he could imagine today. Well, except for the thing he actually imagined. Hmmmm. It still makes me giggle. I love that he can think that big. I hope he never lets that go.

In a few days I will have yet another nephew and I couldn't be more excited. I am truly blessed.

Sorry for not blogging for NINE days straight. Arrrghh. I'm such an evening/night person. It seems like that is when my creative mind works the best. However, working mornings does take a toll on my blogging. It seems that ever since I have been working LONG early days, all I have done is come home and crash. I guess I can't blog at my best if all I am doing is sleeping during my most creative time. Hopefully I can figure out a better way soon, but until then, keep your eyes peeled for the next one cause who knows WHEN it will be. =)

I hope you can all enjoy your family this weekend as much as I already have. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment