Paypal

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3, 2010

"I took the English TAKS test today at school. It was the most easiest test I ever took." These words actually came out the mouth of one of my youth today. Maybe we need to reevaluate our education system.

Ok, on another note, church really got me thinking tonight. It got deep inside of me, even made me think about things that weren't even mentioned or referred to. For example, the snake is one of the only animals I can think of that doesn't have a voice. It may make a noise, but it doesn't use a voice to do that. I wonder how a baby snake cries?

This made me think about the story of Adam and Even, when Satan appeared to tempt them to disobey God. When he has succeeded in his evil mission, God cursed him to crawl the ground in the form of a snake forever. This means he gave the devil a body with no voice on this earth.

Today while I was working, God spoke to me "I've got this all worked out already. Just you wait and see.". I thought that it was just an encouraging word, but it became truth to me as my day went on and presented me with more challenges in several areas than I could have expected.

I think that God had it "all worked out" even at that very moment in the garden when he cursed the snake. I think that His plan for salvation was already complete at that moment. Think about it. He took the voice of Satan off this earth millenniums before He sent Jesus. Why? Because He already knew the whole plan. He already had it all worked out.

God knew from that moment (and even before) that the plan would be salvation through Jesus. He knew it would all work out if we would trust Him. Sometimes I feel that I, as a human, can be sooo stupid. I mean I get upset and worry about little things that happen in my life, which is nothing more than a small "poof" in the span of time anyway. I worry about things, when deep inside I KNOW He hold my life in His hands. I KNOW He holds the world in His hands. I could go on: He holds the planets, the universe, the governments, time... etc.

As humans, we have spent ALL OF TIME worrying. The whole old testament speaks of the salvation that WILL come. If they had been completely convinced that God was Who He is, then they would have known that God already had it all worked out. Even now when we KNOW salvation has already come, and we KNOW it is freely available to us, we worry about what will happen next or what is happening right now.

My point? God is too big for our minds to ever encompass. That's why we fall to our knees in worship. Will I ever have it all together? Will I EVER be able to overcome my problems before they overwhelm me? Probably not. But, I will always continue to fall on my knees in worship and I will continue to tell the world about Him, through my life and through words. What more could I do? Well, I'm not going to worry about that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment