Paypal

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/28/2010

Dear Jesus,

I come to You today as a dirty rotten sinner who is thankful for Your amazing grace to save and Your never ending cleansing blood. I am a person who will always be without perfection, but You continually forgive me and love me. On top of that, You inspire me to move forward, and open doors for me, lighting my path as I take each step.

I want to apologize to You on behalf of Your people as a whole. You see, as You know, I work at a great job that provides finances to meet all my needs. As I go about my day to day business at this job, I see people of every kind. Some are hurting physically. Some are hurting emotionally. Some are hurting spiritual. Sometimes I can tell the difference between the different kinds of hurt. Sometimes, I am blinded by my carelessness.

Today, as I was working, a young lady approached the pharmacy and asked for a drug called "Plan B". She was upset and embarrassed and just wanted to buy the drug and leave. You see, Lord, "Plan B" is a drug designed to help a lady rid herself of a possible pregnancy.

God, as I understand it, life is a gift from You, and one of infinite possibilities. I would hate to throw away any gift that came straight from Your very hands. It seems to me the most unfathomable slap directly in Your face. However, Lord, it gets worse. I am sorry to say that we as a people have decided that it is ok for this girl to rid herself of a baby, if she thinks it will be for the best. In our society, it is not only socially acceptable, but completely lawful for her to do this. This girl does not end the life that You give. We as a society choose to have all of our hands on it.

Sure there are protests and demonstrations against such things, but apparently we have not done enough.

Jesus, I pray this to you today because my job does not allow me to stop her. My job does not even allow me to get to know her or try to just listen to her story. My job requires that I sell her the drug, and go on to other things. I pray this to You today, God, because the only thing I can do is pray... but then again, maybe it should have been the first things I did, instead of a last resort. Forgive me for that, and grant me wisdom in this day and age I live in. More so than ever, today I am thankful just that I am ALIVE. I know You put me here for a reason, and for that alone I am thankful.

Luke 23:34- Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment