Paypal

Thursday, February 3, 2011

2/2/2011

Wow, I haven't blogged in a long time, but then again its 4 degrees in Ft. Worth Texas, so I guess stranger things have happened...

So, I have a LOT on my mind these days what with work and struggles that no one even knows about, however, when I calm down, step back and really think, I can't help but be amazed at how awesome my God is.

In 53 days I board a plane headed towards my destiny. For years and years I have struggled and fought to find time and resources to do what God has put on my heart for the nation of Albania. Literally since the age of 8 years old I have felt this calling. For over eight years, I have taken little trips here and there as time and money allowed. Not one of those trips came without extreme struggle, and none of them even lasted more than a couple of weeks.

A few months ago, God gave me a plan. I had no idea how fail proof it actually was. Step by step I have followed the plan, even changing jobs as part of the process, all without a single bump in the road along the way. I am ecstatic to see how smoothly the rest of the plan plays out.

Today, as I was looking at pictures of previous trips, I realized something. I am a very blessed person. All I ever wanted in life has found me. In 53 days, I sacrifice a job, my friendships here in the states, a comfortable friendly and wonderful church that I am very much in love with, a vegetarian diet, a wonderful youth group (love your JG!) and who knows what else. I will trade it for a stay of three months (or more) in the ONLY athiest state in the WORLD, a house without heat in the winter or air in the summer, meat (YUCK!), taking on the venture of starting a youth group from scratch in a church that has never had one before and a seemingly growing feeling of political instability with the possibility of public violence looming.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How exciting. I am happy for you, will you still be able to be on FB? Isn't the electricity rationed there too?
    Melody

    ReplyDelete