Paypal

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011

One year ago today my world was absolutely shattered by the death of a close friend. It was a battle fought for only a short time, and after three months, the cancer won. My friend Natalie died at the age of 26.

It is hard to reflect on days like this one, last year. I remember I had spent the Saturday at a Ranger's game with a close friend and afterwards, while driving to a Loen concert in Grandview, I got the call. She gave up the fight. I didn't know what to do. So, I went to the concert, even though my heart was broken. I remember that night as if it were yesterday, and unfortunately I have many experiences similar to this one.

Often I wonder why things like this happen and I wonder why God would allow me to walk through so many tragic experiences in my short life thus far. I don't know if I will ever, on this earth, have an answer to that. One thing I do know, God has used me in spite of it all. I could have been an emotional wreck, but through Him I was able to pick myself up and keep going.

One year ago today, even while I was going through all my pain, God had His hand on me. If you would have told me that day that 365 days in the future I would have moved to Elbasan, Albania to live out my dreams, I would NOT have believed it.

I have been through many trials in life, some that I have shared here in my blogs and some that may never be shared. Through it all, when I stand removed and look at my life, I must say that I am very blessed. Problems are real and they will come, but thankfully we have a loving God to hold on to, Who never changes through our roller coaster ups and downs.

I may have a lot going on, but I can look back at my experience one year ago today and know that Natalie is in a better place, where she is not in constant pain from cancer trying to eat her from the inside out. I can know that through all I have been through and all I will go through He will always be there. My Solid Rock.

Thanks for reading,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment