Paypal

Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 4, 2011

We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.


SERIOUSLY, I had to eat a frog today. Tragic. It was disgusting, I mean, barf in my own mouth disgusting.

Other than that, I have had a fairly fantastic trip thus far. God has moved in ways that have taken me by surprise. I know that he has me here for a reason, and that has been confirmed many times over in many different ways.

I am beginning to know some of the youth of the church better, and am organizing how to pursue what I came here to do, in regards to them. They are great kids and I can;t wait to hear from their hearts and pour Jesus into their lives.

One of my main goals while here is to make myself walk through uncomfortable situations. I have basically decided that if something makes me uncomfortable or is something that I may try to normally avoid (eating frogs for example), then I will do it and I will give it 100%.

So, today I played the drums in church. This is no big thing really, but since they have been asking me to play since I started coming here 9 years ago, and I have always refused, it was a big step for me. I do not know all the songs they sing here and I was so nervous I thought I might start shaking. However, once the music got started and people were praising, the presence of God fell on me and it all went smoothly. I have seen Him in so many ways this week.

Well, I know this is short and random, but it is past midnight here and I am SO tired. Hopefully I will be able to blog more often, but for now...

Thanks for reading!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment