Paypal

Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011

‎"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."— John C. Maxwell

In the past seven days, I have lost my job and a part of what I imagined might be my future. Both have left me whirling to see where God's plan may take my life. I struggle to not be a little depressed. I know God has great things for me, and that I am leaving to live my dream out in just a few weeks. Therefore, I have to assume that these situations are an attack on this vision and calling being fulfilled. Nice try, but it ain't gonna happen. I'm going to Albania no matter what. I'm gonna preach to the nations, and shake the world for Jesus, and I'm not gonna stop. Ever.

Will I ever have a stable job again? Maybe not. Maybe I will eat honey and locusts like John the Baptist. To get Bible results you have to do what they did in Bible days. That could include sacrifice, and I'm down with that.

Will I ever get married? Maybe not. I am not even sure I want to. I mean who would sacrifice in the same way I do for these missions? Who loves youth with a passion that can't be explained like I do? God has given me something special, and would rather chase him than men who act like boys (which they all do).

Will I let the things, mountains, that face me stop this call? Never. Hospitalize me. You will still not be able to stop this hurricane of God in my soul. It will come out of me somewhere, and if my time is limited by medical conditions, then I better work harder and focus more now. That doesn't leave much time for 9-5 jobs and boys, does it? No. And I am ok with that.

You may not understand this, and that's also ok. You don't have the calling I have.

Ephesians 6:13 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet

This has also been quoted as saying, "Having done all to stand. Stand." Welcome to my life. My calling.

1 comment:

  1. Never be ashamed of letting the world know that God is your provider, He will sustain you!

    ReplyDelete