Paypal

Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

Today I had a very unique experience. Well, I had many unique experience today, but I am going to focus on just one.

A little over two weeks ago my roomie, Kerri, had a guest arrive for a visit. We knew she would be coming for a visit from Kerri's home church in S. Africa, and we knew that she would be leaving today. Not that it is relative to my blog, but just so you get an idea of who she was, this lady had been working in Albania since 1996. She has LIVED in refugee camps in Africa, and is really one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. But, like all of us who have been here, her heart has always been in Albania. She is now 73 years old and was very happy to be able to visit Albania again. I can't say I blame her. Who knows, I may be here at 73 also.

In the past couple of days, I saw her start to get a little emotional at the idea of having to leave soon. Anyone who has ever been to Albania on a short term missions trip can probably relate to her emotions. It is always so hard to leave. I have done it 7 times, and every single time I feel like I am making a big mistake. Something in me wants to stay so badly, and yet I always seemed to watch the mountains pass by me as I leave again. Not this time...

My experience in taking her to the airport today was unique for one reason. I didn't leave. It was a huge accomplishment for me. I have never been to the airport here in Albania just to drop someone off. It was a crazy, emotional and wonderful feeling to be able to do that. I can finally say that I know I am in Gods perfect will for me at this time. I know I am supposed to be here, and even though it can be hard and I miss some things from home, such as lifestyle and friends, I know it is the right thing for me to do.

So I will stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment